If you have ever questioned, “How long to bake salmon at 350?” we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will provide the essential information on how long it takes to bake salmon at this temperature, ensuring a delectable meal to impress your guests or satisfy your cravings. So, let’s dive in and discover the ideal cooking time for baked salmon at 350 degrees!
How Long To Bake Salmon At 350?
When it comes to baking salmon at 350°F, the general rule of thumb is to cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes. However, the actual cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish and whether it is stuffed or not. Additionally, the performance of your oven can also impact the cooking time. In most cases, baking salmon at 350°F shouldn’t take more than 25 minutes. If you prefer a bit of crisp on the top, you can switch to broil for the last 2 minutes.
To achieve a flaky and fork-tender texture, lightly oil a baking sheet or dish, fold the thin outer edges of the salmon fillets under for even cooking, and top them with tomatoes and green onions. Season with salt and pepper, then bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the fillets easily flake with a fork.
Recommended cooking times for different salmon thicknesses
- Thin Fillets (½ inch or less): Recommended to bake thin fillets at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes. This short cooking time prevents the salmon from becoming overcooked and keeps it moist and tender.
- Medium Fillets (½ inch to 1 inch): Bake them at 350 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes to achieve perfectly cooked medium fillets.
- Thick Fillets (1 inch or more): Bake them at 350 degrees for approximately 18-20 minutes. This longer cooking time allows the heat to penetrate the thickest part of the salmon and ensures it is thoroughly cooked while retaining its juiciness.
By following these recommended cooking times based on different salmon thicknesses, you can ensure that your baked salmon turns out perfectly every time. Remember to monitor the cooking process and use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius) for optimal food safety.
For further inspiration and recipe ideas, don’t forget to check out my easy and elegant recipe, providing additional ways to enjoy the delectable and healthy meat that is salmon.
How to Bake Salmon at 350?Course: Blog, Cooking Tips
4 individual salmon fillets
2 tablespoons of butter
Half a tablespoon of lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Fresh parsley and dill for garnish
Lemon slices for baking (optional)
- Take the salmon out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets inside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until melted.
- Add the lemon juice to the melted butter and stir well.
- Brush the lemon butter mixture generously all over the salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- If desired, place the lemon slices around the salmon fillets.
- Bake the salmon for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- While the salmon is baking, chop up the fresh parsley and dill.
- Once the salmon is cooked, sprinkle the fresh herbs on top.
- Serve the baked salmon hot with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Hey there, it’s Maura Braun from Maura’s Kitchen of Millbrook! If you love all things BBQ and grilling, my blog is the perfect place for you. But my passion for food doesn’t stop at the restaurant. I also love sharing my smoker, grilling, and BBQ experiences on my blog. From juicy brisket to perfectly smoked ribs, I’m always experimenting with new techniques and flavor combinations.