When it comes to outdoor cooking, two popular brands that often come up for comparison are Blackstone and Pit Boss Griddle. Both are renowned for their high-quality griddles and offer excellent options for outdoor enthusiasts. In this article, we will delve into the key features and differences between these two competitors, the Blackstone vs Pit Boss Griddle, helping you make an informed decision for your next outdoor cooking adventure.
What Are The Differences Between Pit Boss Griddle Vs Blackstone?
- Cooking Performance: Pit Boss griddles use a proprietary Flame Broil system, which allows your cooking surface to hit high temperatures quickly and stay there. On the other hand, Blackstone griddles have an H-shaped burner, more burners available on larger models, a thicker cooking plate, and a better grease management system. This system provides a more even heat distribution and is perfect for cooking a variety of dishes.
- Outdoor Cooking: Pit Boss griddles are more like a permanent fixture in your outdoor cooking setup and are powered by either propane gas or natural gas. Blackstone griddles, on the other hand, are more versatile and portable. They run on propane gas, can be set up and taken down easily, and are perfect for travel, camping, and tailgating.
- Size of the tabletop: Pit Boss griddles have slightly smaller tabletops than Blackstone griddles, which makes them ideal if space is at a premium. Pit Boss griddles are also lighter and take up less space. In contrast, Blackstone griddles come in a variety of sizes that are perfect for large groups, commercial use, and those who need more cooking space.
- The thickness of the plates: The Pit Boss griddle comes with a 4.7mm thick steel plate, while the Blackstone griddle ranges between 3.2mm to 4.76mm thickness.
- Design and build: Pit Boss griddles come with an elegant design that has a more polished and clean look. On the other hand, Blackstone griddles have a more rugged and industrial design.
- Cooking Time: Pit Boss griddles are known for their high heat output, which cooks food faster, reducing cooking time. On the other hand, Blackstone griddles are designed to provide a more moderate heat output, allowing users to take their time and cook food more evenly.
- Features: Blackstone specializes in griddles and offers a broad range of product sizes, surface areas, and temperature control options, making it the ideal choice for cooking breakfasts, veggies, hot dogs, pancakes, and other light meals. On the other hand, Pit Boss offers grills, griddles, and accessories and is ideal for cooking thick meat cuts like steaks, thanks to its cast iron and stainless steel construction material, which provides limited heat zone control.
- Warranty: Pit Boss offers a more extended warranty than Blackstone, which is between 5 to 10 years, depending on the griddle’s series. In contrast, Blackstone offers a one-year limited warranty for their products.
- Price: Blackstone’s products range from $199 to $500+ and are generally less expensive than Pit Boss griddles, which can cost a few hundred dollars up to $650+. However, the cost is determined by the model and the griddle’s features.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Blackstone griddles come with a grease catcher and metal scraper for easy cleaning. In contrast, Pit Boss’s cast iron griddles require regular seasoning and thorough cleaning to prevent rust and maintain their non-stick surface. Therefore, if you’re looking for a griddle that’s easy to clean and requires less maintenance, Blackstone griddles might be the better option for you.
What Are The Similarities Between Pit Boss Griddle Vs Blackstone?
First, their griddles are made from durable materials, ensuring they can withstand rough conditions and high temperatures. While Pit Boss uses cast iron and stainless steel for its griddles, Blackstone opts for stainless steel.
Secondly, both brands offer a variety of griddles that cater to different cooking needs. Whether cooking for your family or running a restaurant, you can easily find a griddle with the perfect surface area. Moreover, both Pit Boss and Blackstone have a good grease management system that makes cleaning your griddle a breeze.
What is Pit Boss Griddle?
The Pit Boss Griddle is a versatile, easy-to-use flat-top grill perfect for outdoor cooking. With a large 647 sq. in. non-stick armored ceramic cooking surface, you have plenty of space to cook your favorite foods.
The griddle features lift-off cooking top, chrome handles, and knobs for added convenience. What sets this griddle apart is its attention to design details, from the slogan engraved into the knobs to the Pit Boss name molded into the impressive wheels. It even comes with a Pit Boss branded propane tank cover, adding a stylish touch.
The griddle is well-built and sturdy, making it a reliable addition to your back deck.
What is Blackstone Griddle?
Blackstone Griddle is a renowned brand of griddles that has quickly gained a reputation for producing top-quality and durable products. Despite being relatively new in the industry, they have outshined many other manufacturers with their exceptional griddles.
One of their standout models is the large-sized griddle, which is hailed as one of the best on the market. It has ample cooking space and ensures even and excellent cooking results.
What sets Blackstone Griddles apart is their modern design and ability to make outstanding meals. Additionally, their sturdy hood helps retain heat during cooking, provides protection, and keeps the grill clean when not in use.
Hey there, it’s Maura Braun from Maura’s Kitchen of Millbrook! If you love all things BBQ and grilling, my blog is the perfect place for you. But my passion for food doesn’t stop at the restaurant. I also love sharing my smoker, grilling, and BBQ experiences on my blog. From juicy brisket to perfectly smoked ribs, I’m always experimenting with new techniques and flavor combinations.