Are you in the market for a versatile griddle that can cook up delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for your family? Look no further than the Blackstone and Pit Boss griddles, two of the most popular options on the market. But which one is the best choice for you? In this article, we’ll be comparing the Blackstone vs Pit Boss griddle to help you make an informed decision.
The Differences Between Pit Boss Griddle Vs Blackstone
- Cooking Performance: The Pit Boss Griddle features a pre-seasoned cooking surface that ensures even cooking and prevents food from sticking. Plus, its four burners allow for precise temperature control, which is perfect for cooking different types of food at the same time. On the other hand, the Blackstone griddle is known for its high heat output, which makes it great for searing steaks and other meats. Its unique rear grease management system also ensures that there’s no mess left behind.
- Outdoor Cooking: Both Pit Boss Griddle and Blackstone are great for outdoor cooking but have unique features. The Pit Boss Griddle is designed to swing away from the cooking surface, providing you with extra space to add wood chips or charcoal to enhance the flavor of your food. As for the Blackstone griddle, it’s easy to move around thanks to its wheels and foldable legs. Plus, its compact size makes it ideal for camping and tailgating.
- The thickness of the plates: The Pit Boss griddle comes with a 4.7mm thick steel plate, while the Blackstone griddle ranges between 3.2mm to 4.76mm thickness.
- Design and build: Pit Boss griddles come with an elegant design that has a more polished and clean look. On the other hand, Blackstone griddles have a more rugged and industrial design.
- Cooking Time: The Pit Boss Griddle has a heating time of around 7-10 minutes and can reach temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. On the other hand, the Blackstone heats up in just a couple of minutes and can reach temperatures of up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the Blackstone has a more even heat distribution, which can result in faster and more consistent cooking times.
- Features: The Pit Boss Griddle has a rear grease management system that allows for easy cleanup, and its non-stick surface makes cooking and cleaning a breeze. It also has a convenient shelf for storing your cooking tools and ingredients. Meanwhile, the Blackstone griddle has a fantastic range of sizes and can accommodate up to 36 inches, making it perfect for larger gatherings. It also has a built-in electric igniter, which eliminates the need for matches or lighters.
- Warranty: When it comes to the warranty, Pit Boss takes the win with a 5-year warranty compared to Blackstone’s 1-year warranty. This gives Pit Boss customers an added boost of confidence in their purchase for a longer duration of time.
- Price: When it comes to pricing, Blackstone offers a wider range of options, including tabletop and portable models that are more affordable due to their smaller size. Their full-size griddles range in price from mid-range to splurge, making them a more budget-friendly option overall.
- Cleaning and maintenance: When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, removing the griddle top of the Blackstone griddle is fairly easy, making it less of a challenge to clean. However, Pit Boss offers a porcelain-coated griddle surface that is known to be durable and easy to clean. Both griddles come with grease drain systems, but Pit Boss offers a more fully enclosed management system that may make cleaning a bit easier.
What Are The Similarities Between Pit Boss Griddle Vs Blackstone?
The Pit Boss Griddle and Blackstone share several similarities. Firstly, both griddles are made of durable materials, which makes them long-lasting. Secondly, they are both known for their large cooking surface, allowing you to cook multiple dishes at once. Thirdly, they both come with adjustable heat zones that allow you to cook your meal precisely.
Lastly, they are both easy to clean and maintain after use, ensuring that they remain in good condition for a long time.
What is Pit Boss Griddle?
The Pit Boss Ultimate Griddle is a versatile, easy-to-use flat-top grill with several advantages. Its solid build, limited maintenance requirements, and impressive non-stick cooking surface make it a winner in terms of ease of use and clean-up. Additionally, this griddle’s proprietary non-stick armored ceramic cooking surface ensures that your food won’t stick to the surface, making it a worthy investment for anyone looking for an exceptional griddle experience.
What is Blackstone Griddle?
The Blackstone Griddle has become a top favorite for outdoor cooking enthusiasts of all levels, and for good reason. Its flat and versatile cooking surface allows for multiple dishes to be cooked at the same time, making it perfect for larger meals and gatherings with family and friends. The griddle’s stainless steel flat top heats evenly, ensuring even cooking and making it easy to clean.
With its large cooking surface, you can cook plenty of food all at once, adding convenience to your outdoor cooking experience. The Blackstone Griddle is a must-have for those wanting to elevate their outdoor cooking game.
Hey there, it’s Maura Braun from Maura’s Kitchen of Millbrook! If you love all things BBQ and grilling, my blog is the perfect place for you. But my passion for food doesn’t stop at the restaurant. I also love sharing my smoker, grilling, and BBQ experiences on my blog. From juicy brisket to perfectly smoked ribs, I’m always experimenting with new techniques and flavor combinations.